At Factorial we're looking for a Senior / Staff Software Engineer to help us take our Time Domain team to the next level. 📈
We want to develop the extremely talented people in our team, scale the company culture and evangelize our views on how Human Resources can make a difference for organizations all over the world. 🌎
About us 🤓
Factorial is an HR Software startup founded 5 years ago, we've won awards and received outstanding customer feedback since day one. It has closed over 80M€ in funding with top international venture capital firms (Tiger, CRV, Creandum, Point Nine Capital and K Fund). Take a look and see how we started: The origin 🕳
Diversity is part of our culture, we have more than 25 countries in our teams and we are infused in an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please feel free to apply with the way it suits you better! (blind resume, identity pronouns, cover letter, etc). We do not discriminate on any aspect, in fact; Factorial encourage everyone to join us!
Our Mission 🚀
To help small and medium companies automate HR workflows, centralize people data and make better business decisions. Currently serves thousands of customers in over 60 countries all over the world and across industries, it has built a super talented team of over +200 people in its headquarters in the sunny Barcelona.🌞
Time Domain ⏱
One of the most important domains in Factorial is Time. Its mission is to gather accurate time management data to provide relevant insights, generating value for our clients by reducing uncertainty, helping them to anticipate needs, foresee problems, and improve the well-being of their employees.
Our goal in Time is to help employees manage their employees' work schedules, improve our clients' experience when it comes to set up time tracking policies, review and approve timesheets and export data. We offer tools to plan shifts and schedules, and link data to tracking tools, leaves and holidays. With this we aim to help our clients plan ahead and be more productive, making employees life easy on assessing their worked hours, clocking in and out or just doing their timesheets at the end of the week or month.
All of this not only providing a good user experience through our web, mobile application, QR codes capabilities and cutting edge technologies like face recognition.
The Role 🔨
At Factorial we have a team of +100 very talented Full Stack developers. We are looking for engineers who can wear many hats, abstract problems, and find creative solutions. We look for smart people who are curious, proactive, and have good soft/communication skills.
We are not looking for a long list of skills and technologies. Our stack is Ruby on Rails for the backend and React/React-native for the clients, but it’s not mandatory to be proficient on those (most of the team came with other areas of expertise which is very enriching). We believe that someone who has good aptitudes and is hungry for learning is what works best.
Working at an early-stage startup like Factorial means making a bigger impact and learning more. In terms of the day-to-day work, you will enjoy the freedom to tackle big technical challenges your own way, working alongside a group of experienced developers and joining in at a critical stage in the company's future success.
What will you be doing? 👀
- Proficient in all relevant technical skills, and able to move quickly because of deep understanding of large portions of codebase.
- Make well-reasoned design decisions, identifying potential issues, trade-offs, risks, and the appropriate level of abstraction.
- Expert in our processes, also helping to define/document them.
- Write meaningful clean code and perform code reviews.
- Handle open-ended problems and ambiguity well.
- Deploy to production multiple times per day.
- Have full ownership (and accountability) of which features to build and how to ship them.
- Share your knowledge or learn from others through one of our monthly tech talks, weekly lunch or our dev.to blog.
- Be trusted by the Factorial team. We want to work with you because we think you can solve the problems in your own way and we trust that you will be able to manage your time and schedule.
- Learn from and work with a team of extremely experienced developers, in a very quality-oriented environment.
- Mentoring: You love to share your experience and expertise to help others grow.
You should be a learner: you want to improve your skills not only in the engineering field but across any other areas.
- You should be an owner: You like proposing new hypotheses and be responsible for building, deploying and validating them.
- You know how to create an app from the scratch (back-end and front-end) and you know the pros and cons of different technologies and tools.
- You have experience in several coding languages (especially for backend development), CI/CD tools and cloud technologies.
- You have few years of experience working as a software engineer.
- You have to be comfortable with communicating in English.
- For remote working, your timezone should be between -4/+4 CET.
- The annual salary is € 55.000 for Senior Software Engineers or € 70.000 for Staff Software Engineers.
Perks of being part of our team 😏
- We allocate 1.000€ per year for each employee to spend on any learning material 📖
- High growth, multicultural and friendly environment 🤝🏽
- Flexible schedules! ⏰
- Free physiotherapy in the office once a week! 💪
- Full remote flexibility 🏠
- Private health insurance 🩺
- Healthy life with Gympass (Gyms, pools, outdoor classes) 🧘🏽♀️
- Save expenses with Cobee 💰
- Language classes with Yolk Academy & Factorial Language exchange 👩🏽🏫
- Get the most out of your salary with Payflow 💸And when at the office:
Syra discounts ❗
- Breakfast and organic fruit 🍏
- Free caffeine and theine ☕
- Pet-Friendly work environment 🐶
Want to know more about us? We #betonpeople 💜