At Factorial we're looking for a Senior or Staff Software Engineer to help us take our Building Blocks team to the next level.
We want to develop the extremely talented people in our team, scale the company culture and spread our views on how Human Resources can make a difference for organizations all over the world.
We provide intuitive HR solutions for SMEs around the world. Our tools automate and centralize daily tasks to provide insights and help organizations run more smoothly.
Founded in Barcelona in 2016, Factorial serves over 3000+ businesses in over 65 countries. While we got our start as time tracking and time off management software, we quickly saw that HR professionals were juggling too many single-function tools. With solutions for HR analytics, document management, performance appraisals, and more in one effective, easy-to-manage platform, we help organizations take care of their people.
Factorial is growing faster than ever– We just raised an $80m Series B, round led by Tiger Global Management, with participation from previous investors CRV, Creandum, Point Nine Capital, and K Fund, bringing the total funding amount to $100 million. Take a look and see how we started: The origin
We provide organizations around the world with the best tools, information and knowledge to help their people succeed.
One of the most important and challenging domains in Factorial is Building blocks. Its mission is to provide the necessary building blocks and abstractions for product teams to optimize and build features in the most efficient way possible, and for customers to adapt and extend factorial functionalities by themselves. A few of the few building blocks product-oriented we are building are:
Business intelligence solution: a reporting tool for clients to discover insights faster via visualization about all their data, and for other product teams to expose this information easily.
Permissions engine with authorization primitives and APIs for clients and developers to protect and filter the exposed actions and data.
Automation tool: no-code solution for clients to create custom workflows with FactorialHR. Giving this, the north star of the team is to help other developers, product teams and clients reach their goals, with the fastest and more robust solution.
At Factorial we have a team of 35 very talented Full Stack developers. We are looking for engineers who can wear many hats, abstract problems, and find creative solutions. We look for smart people who are curious, proactive and have good soft/communication skills.
We are not looking for a long list of skills and technologies. Our stack is Ruby on Rails for the backend and React/React-native for the clients, but it’s not mandatory to be proficient on those (most of the team came with other areas of expertise which is very enriching). We believe that someone who has good aptitudes and is hungry for learning is what works best.
Working at an early-stage startup like Factorial means making a bigger impact and learning more. In terms of the day to day work, you will enjoy the freedom to tackle big technical challenges your own way, working alongside a group of experienced developers and joining in at a critical stage in the company's future success.
What will you be doing?
- Create and evolve different abstractions to enable other teams to reach engineering common problems
- Proficient in all relevant technical skills, and able to move quickly because of deep understanding of large portions of codebase.
- Make well-reasoned design decisions, identifying potential issues, trade-offs, risks, and the appropriate level of abstraction.
- Expert in our processes, also helping to define/document them.
- Write meaningful and clean code and code reviews.
- Handle open-ended problems and ambiguity well.
- Deploy to production multiple times per day.
- Have full ownership (and accountability) of which features to build and how to ship them.
- Share your knowledge or learn from others through one of our monthly tech talks, weekly lunch or our dev.to blog.
- Be trusted by the Factorial team. We want to work with you because we think you can solve the problems in your own way and we trust that you will be able to manage your time and schedule.
- Learn from and work with a team of extremely experienced developers, in a very quality-oriented environment
- You should be a learner: you want to improve your skills not only in the engineering field but across any other areas.
- You should be an owner: You like proposing new hypotheses and be responsible for building, deploying and validating them.
- You love understanding, breaking down complex problems into basic and shareable elements.
- You enjoy tuning the initial idea in an iterative process to adjust the abstraction, encapsulability, easiness, etc proportions of a solution until it looks right and work as needed for us + other devs + product.
- You apply and unleash your creativity searching for the best abstraction with other colleagues
- You are comfortable sharing and reaching other teams for knowledge, looking for the main points of current implementations
- You have evolved concrete implementations to abstractions before.
- You have experience in several coding languages (especially for backend development), CI/CD tools and cloud technologies.
- You love to share your experience and expertise to help others grow.
- You have few years of experience working as a developer (ideally, in a core or building blocks team) before.
- You have to be comfortable with communicating in English.
- For remote working, your timezone should be between -4/+4 CET.
- The annual salary is € 50.000 for Senior Software Engineers and € 65.000 for Staff Software Engineers.
What's next after I apply?
Perks of being part of our team
- We allocate 1.000€ per year for each employee to spend on any learning material.
- High growth, multicultural and friendly environment.
- Flexible schedules!
- Free physiotherapy in the office once a week!
- Full remote flexibility.
AXA private health insurance.
- Healthy life with Andjoy (Gyms, pools, outdoor classes).
- Save expenses with Cobee.
- Language classes with Yolk Academy & Factorial Language exchange.
- Get the most out of your salary with Devengo.
- Breakfast in the office and organic fruit.
- Free caffeine and theine.
- Pet Friendly.
Diversity is part of us, we have more than 25 countries in our teams and we promote an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates, come join the team!
Want to know more about us? We #betonpeople