Factorial is building the company's operating system. We started by automating human resources, but our goal is to allow companies to gather all their data in a single place to make better decisions. The company is five years old, and we've recently raised 80M to keep expanding and building the best product in the market.
We're looking for Engineering Managers to grow up our Platform Teams. We want to move forward a really ambitious roadmap with plenty of interesting challenges, and we want you to help us!
Who are you?
We believe that the best Engineering Manager is the one who has been a Developer before and at the same time is able to manage people successfully. So the following bullets define your experience:
- You have 5+ years of relevant experience in companies developing web products.
- You have managed people before and have experience guiding engineers into a successful career.
- You have participated actively in hiring processes, bringing top talent to the organization.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and like to think about customer value.
- You have a data-driven approach to your job, setting up a metrics system to make informed decisions.
- Whenever you disagree with a peer, you engage in a Socratic exchange, prioritizing finding a solution over winning arguments.
What will work be like?
As an Engineer Manager, you will be responsible to define the team's goals, help to propose technical solutions and finally, build and coach the team to achieve these goals. Some of your main tasks will consist on:
- You will think of goals with your team members to plan a quarterly roadmap.
- You will hire members of the team, ensuring that we bring talented and good-hearted humans.
- You will engage in weekly 1:1s, focusing on the development of the members of the team and their well-being.
- You will participate in weekly meetings with your team to discuss what to work on next and suggest new ideas.
- You will participate in reviewing the RFCs your team produces, giving feedback, and recommending alternatives in order to achieve the team's goals.
- You will participate in development by either address non-urgent tasks and reviewing PRs.
- You will engage with other engineering managers to coordinate initiatives that impact several teams.
Ownership and accountability are our core values: We trust you and your team to decide what to work on and how to deliver it. We believe that the only way to get a fantastic product is to hire the best and fully empower them to make and execute their decisions. After interviewing hundreds of engineers, we've learned that the number #1 reason why people leave companies is that they are not trusted, and therefore they can't make an impact. We do whatever it takes to avoid that at Factorial with culture or, failing that, through the process.
What do we offer?
- €55.000 - €85.000 Salary (Manager-Director) + ESOP plan regardless of your location.
- Remote-first work environment, the team is distributed.
- €1.000 of annual Learning and Development budget.
- A safe and diverse environment to grow and make an impact.
Despite being a fast-growing startup, we promote a healthy work-life balance. We are a remote-first company, and we understand that work may not be your priority at all times. We expect people to manage their own time and ambitions, we all have good and bad moments, and work shouldn't feel like a burden.